Work with Streetsmart
Transportation and Urban Planning
Climate, Health, and Equity
Strategy and Frameworks
Research and Analysis
Papers and Posters
- Ensuring Equity into Transportation and Land Use Decisions to Promote Health and Wellbeing in Metropolitan Areas. Updated the American Public Health Association's policy on transportation and land use to center equity in decision-making, currently under review.
- PHEAL principles. Inaugural steering committee member and co-developer of the Planning for Health Equity, Advocacy, and Leadership (PHEAL) principles for community planning.
- Transportation Sector Update, Quality of Life Framework. Updated the outcomes, indicators, and strategies of the transportation sector of Habitat for Humanity International's Quality of Life Framework for use by residents to facilitate positive neighborhood change.
- Conference on Health and Active Transportation (CHAT). Served as rapporteur for this Transportation Research Board conference, producing a 200-page report that is serving as a foundation for a journal article and practitioner guidance documents.
- River Terrace Pedestrian Plan (as Confluence Planning, LLC). Led the development of a pedestrian plan for a 500-acre new development in the City of Tigard, Oregon, whose mission is to become the most walkable city in the Pacific Northwest.
- Sustainable Transportation Analysis and Rating System (STARS) Plan and STARS Safety, Health, and Equity Credits (as Confluence Planning, LLC). Developed a performance-based planning and evaluation tool for transportation plans and projects and safety, health, and equity credits for the North American Sustainable Transportation Council.
- Sustainable Neighborhood Development Best Practices in the Cascadia Region (as Confluence Planning, LLC). Authored a report on sustainable development case studies and best practices for EcoDistricts.
Papers and Posters
- Tan, H., McNeil, N. MacArthur, J., Rodgers, K. (2021). Evaluation of a Transportation Incentive Program for Affordable Housing Residents. Washington, DC: Transportation Research Record.
- Rodgers, K. (2021). The Use and Influence of Health Indicators in Transportation Decision-Making. Transportation Research Board. Poster session.
- Rodgers, K. (2019). Paradigm Conflicts Implementing Vision Zero in the 2018 Portland Metro Regional Transportation Plan. Portland, OR: National Institute of Transportation and Communities. Poster session.
- Rodgers, K. (2019). Travel Behavior Variability and the Built Environment: A Realist Approach. Washington, DC: Transportation Research Board Annual Meeting. Poster session.
- Rodgers, K. (2019). Learning a New Language: Recommendations from Health and Transportation Focus Groups, Washington, DC: Institute of Transportation Engineers Journal.
- Rodgers, K. (2018). Evidence-Based Practice: The Role and Quality of Evidence in Transportation Decision-Making. Banff, Alberta: Active Living Research Conference. Poster session.
- Rodgers, K. (2018). Defining Place: A Review of how Place Type is Constructed and Measured. Washington, DC: Transportation Research Board Annual Meeting. Poster session.
- Dondero, G., Rodgers, K., Hurley, P. (2013). Developing a Comprehensive Sustainable Transportation Analysis Framework. Washington, DC: Transportation Research Board Conference Proceedings.