Transportation and Urban Planning
Strategy and Management
Research, Analysis, and Writing
Papers and Posters
- Quality of Life Framework. Developed principles, outcomes, indicators, strategies the transportation sector of the Habitat for Humanity International Quality of Life Framework and refined the entire framework for consistency and better integration of equity.
- Ensuring Equity into Transportation and Land Use Decisions to Promote Health and Wellbeing in Metropolitan Areas. Co-author of the American Public Health Association's policy on transportation and land use to center equity in decision-making.
- PHEAL principles. Inaugural steering committee member and co-developer of the Planning for Health Equity, Advocacy, and Leadership (PHEAL) principles for community planning.
- Conference on Health and Active Transportation (CHAT). Served as rapporteur for this Transportation Research Board conference, producing a 200-page report that is serving as a foundation for a journal article.
- River Terrace Pedestrian Plan (as Confluence Planning, LLC). Led the development of a pedestrian plan for a 500-acre new development in the City of Tigard, Oregon, whose mission is to become the most walkable city in the Pacific Northwest.
- Sustainable Transportation Analysis and Rating System (STARS) Plan and STARS Safety, Health, and Equity Credits (as Confluence Planning, LLC). Developed a performance-based planning and evaluation tool for transportation plans and plan- and project-level safety, health, and equity credits for the North American Sustainable Transportation Council.
- Sustainable Neighborhood Development Best Practices in the Cascadia Region (as Confluence Planning, LLC). Authored a report on sustainable development case studies and best practices for EcoDistricts.
- Cartopia: Portland's Food Cart Revolution. Author and publisher of a book that emphasizes food carts' contribution to placemaking and small business development. About 3,000 books sold.
- Solarize Northeast (as Confluence Planning, LLC). Developed and managed a neighborhood-based solar panel volume-purchasing program with over 1,000 enrollments. Also developed a workforce agreement between the contractor and community to encourage local green job development.
Papers and Posters
- Rodgers, K. (2023). The Use and Influence of Health Indicators in Municipal Transportation Plans. Dissertation, Portland State University.
- Berrigan, D., Dannenberg, A., Lee, M., Rodgers, K., Wojcik, J., Wali, B., et al. (2021). The 2019 Conference on Health and Active Transportation: Research Needs and Opportunities, International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 18(2) 18(22).
- Tan, H., McNeil, N. MacArthur, J., & Rodgers, K. (2021). Evaluation of a Transportation Incentive Program for Affordable Housing Residents. Transportation Research Record, 2675(8), 240-253.
- Rodgers, K. (2021). The Use and Influence of Health Indicators in Transportation Decision-Making. Transportation Research Board. Poster session.
- Rodgers, K. (2019). Paradigm Conflicts Implementing Vision Zero in the 2018 Portland Metro Regional Transportation Plan. Portland, OR: National Institute of Transportation and Communities. Poster session.
- Rodgers, K. (2019). Travel Behavior Variability and the Built Environment: A Realist Approach. Washington, DC: Transportation Research Board Annual Meeting. Poster session.
- Rodgers, K. (2019). Learning a New Language: Recommendations from Health and Transportation Focus Groups, Washington, DC: Institute of Transportation Engineers Journal.
- Rodgers, K. (2018). Evidence-Based Practice: The Role and Quality of Evidence in Transportation Decision-Making. Banff, Alberta: Active Living Research Conference. Poster session.